Friday, March 22, 2013

love you - in 10 minutes

i really think the 10 minute craft dash is a super fun change of pace for me! i usually spend way too long agonizing over the exact placement, or starting over, or restamping until i deam something perfect (read: passable) :)
so making a card in 10 minutes is definitely a challenge and i love the extra push! for this card, the colors couldn't be more lovely:

(possible fun fact: these were my wedding colors! how could i not play along, right?!)


so before i started the clock, i gathered my supplies and made sure everything i needed was within arms length! :) 
i used lawn fawn's stamp sets - a birdie told me, quinn's abc's, gnome sweet gnome, and home sweet home. 

the card is a 'square' with the corners rounded. the birds and word bubble were stamped and popped up! at the end i used some distress inks to 'vintage-ify' the card. in my head it was a better effect. next time i'll used a lighter ink. :)

as you can see, i cut it close - but i made it! :)















so that's that!

enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! doesn't matter how close you were...under 10 minutes and you nailed it! i love those little birdies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Sam! I like the paper piecing!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - I hope we'll see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just makes me so happy to read that people are enjoying my challenge. I used to be the same as you and could spend HOURS on a single card- hence, the birth of this challenge. :)

    It was so fun to read that these were your wedding colors- they are some of my favorites! You used them beautifully on your card. I have yet to buy three of the sets you used, but the more I see them, the harder it is to resist!

    Thank you for joining along in this 10 Minute Craft Dash. I look forward to seeing you play along in my challenge in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute... I love the little birds! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Craft Dash, I hope we see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D