Monday, August 6, 2012

oh crab

i'm so excited to share this card! i made if for the challenge at young crafters unite: buttons!


i'm so excited because i like how this card came out, and i actually jazzed up the inside too! 
here it is:


i used the buttons like bubbles, and echoed that with the circle i punched out. it's supposed to be 'under the sea-y' :) ha ha!


the crab and sentiment are from paper smooches 'chubby chum pals' stamp set. he was just stamped and cut out. i colored in the eyes and the mouth with my white gel pen. LOVE that thing! :)

then...inside...!!! it's my favorite part! because it continues the sentiment from the front of the card, and it's a whole new scene!! ha ha!

say it with me!!! 
oh crab, that sucks!! i could totally see myself saying (a version!) of that to my best friends! lol!


 i paper pieced the vacuum from the 'squeaky clean' stamp set...perhaps my new favorite image! i used the 'beige' paper strip on the bottom to represent carpet, since most of my carpet is boring beige! lol


i just think this card would be great to send to someone who's having a rough time, and needs some cheering up! :) it makes me giggle!
hope it made you chuckle too!
enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I love all those buttons!!! It sooo cute!!! PS <3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally made me giggle, Samantha! :D Love the button 'bubbles' -- they're definitely 'under the sea-y'! And I'm lovin' the touch of polka dot on your paper pieced vacuum! Such a cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOO cute! I love the buttons! I love how you added the inside sentiment too! TOOOOO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute. Thanks for joining YCU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable!!!! I love the way you used the buttons! Thanks for playing along with us at Young Crafters Unite!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D