Wednesday, August 8, 2012

lovin one layer!

ok so...i may have cheated...! :) 
i'm not sure, you be the judge when you see my project for the latest challenge over at lawnscaping: one layer!

it's no secret that i dread one layer cards. i don't have (please read: am scared to try) copics, i love embellishments, and honest, paper piecing is in my blood! lol! so when i came up with this idea for a project, i loved it!!!

and then i finished, and i thought...this could be cheating! lol!

so here is my project - a coloring book for my (soon-to-be) 4 year old little mann!


i made little scenes on each page with, precisely a gazillion lawn fawn stamps! ha ha! (my hands are still have a black tinge to them!) 
i added sentiments to help tell the story on each page, and even named them in my head! :)

flamingos and flowers


flying by


what's cookin?


gnome one like you


and rockin out!


here, i even tried masking for the first time! i have NO clue if i did it correctly, but it worked for me!

so that's it. no fancy coloring (like i know people can do SO well, and i'm jealous! honestly! i wish i was that good!! i'm just so intimidated!) but i sort of feel like i created this project with a loop hole! 


i hope it made you smile anyway! i know i had fun making it, and that my (almost) birthday will enjoy coloring it up! :)
enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL! LOVE this and I'd love to color those pgaes (-: Perfect design and take on our challenge!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! That's the CUTEST colouring book EVER, Samantha!! :D I love it! Early birthday wishes for the little mann!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRAP~ This is fantastic! I am speechless! This is fabulous! What a great idea!!!! I am in love with this!


    Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHH! I LOVE this!! LOVE the shape and the idea of having a coloring book for the children!! FUN stamps! FABULOUS x10!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you are definitely going to win the challenge. I like all your stuff a lot. Great effort here. Very thoughtful scenes on each "page"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have just made Christmas shopping for my neice and nephew soooooo much easier this year! I know exactly what I am going to do now! This is GENIUS!!! THANK YOU! I am truly in awe of you and this fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! You are just so cleaver!! I want to see it when it's all colored by the Menn!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D