Monday, June 3, 2024

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #174 - Feature a Stencil

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!



yay!    
there's nothing better than using stencils on a card!! one my favorite things to use!


I love love love using stencils!! and this time, I did my best to feature the stencils!! 

Hello Sunshine Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Rainbows, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #handmadecards #diecutting #summer #rainbows

I used the Corner Rainbow Stencils to create an ocean in an abstract kind of way!
I used lots of Distress Inks and LOTS of masking to create the "waves": Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina and Cracked Pistachio.
then I splatted water, white acrylic ink and Liquid Stardust.

Hello Sunshine Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Rainbows, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #handmadecards #diecutting #summer #rainbows

once everything was dry, I used the Cloud Background Stencils and white embossing paste to add texture and interest to the sky!
for the sentiment I used Giant Hello Sunshine die! I die cut it all out with white cardstock 5 times. then I used Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed to add the yellows, and kept the skinny letters white.
then I stacked it all together to add some height!

Hello Sunshine Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Rainbows, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #handmadecards #diecutting #summer #rainbows

I also splattered some more Liquid Stardust on top of the sentiment, too! I love that subtle shine and splatter look!

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D