Sunday, May 26, 2024

you desert the best!

hello!
happy weekend! today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawn blog using some of the newest products! so fun! and BONUS, I have a video to share with this card, too!! you can watch it by heading to my youtube channel, or clicking here!

You Desert the Best Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn Stamps, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Slimline, Slimline Cards, Cardmaking, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnstamps #slimline #slimlinecard #distressinks #Inkblending #cardmaking #handmadecards

I think this card is so cute!
I just love the pops of color! and speaking of color, I stamped the images from A Bug Deal, Year Ten and the new Critters in the Desert stamp set. I colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out.
I also added some details with a white gel pen.

You Desert the Best Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn Stamps, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Slimline, Slimline Cards, Cardmaking, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnstamps #slimline #slimlinecard #distressinks #Inkblending #cardmaking #handmadecards

I did a LOT of Distress Ink blending on this slimline card!
I cut the card base using the Scalloped Slimline with Hearts: Portrait frame. then I used some white cardstock and the Stitched Hillside Borders and die cut 3 hills. I lined the hills up according to the height that I wanted them, and then I used some washi tape on the back of them to keep them together. then I used the same frame from before and die cut out the hills! and that is how the rest of the scene comes together in a cohesive manner!

You Desert the Best Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn Stamps, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Slimline, Slimline Cards, Cardmaking, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnstamps #slimline #slimlinecard #distressinks #Inkblending #cardmaking #handmadecards

I used Distress Inks in Fossilized Amber and Vintage Photo for the hills. then I splattered some white acrylic ink, as well as the ink color on top to give it a sandy texture.
for the sky, I used Black Soot, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina. then I used the stencil and the same colors, but with more pressure then I splattered some white ink on top to mimic night stars! 

You Desert the Best Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn Stamps, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Slimline, Slimline Cards, Cardmaking, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnstamps #slimline #slimlinecard #distressinks #Inkblending #cardmaking #handmadecards

all of the critters were attached with foam tape. and then the rest of the images were glued directly to the scene.
I heat embossed the sentiment onto Black Licorice Cardstock and then used the Fancy Wavy Banners to die cut it out.

be sure to head over to the Lawn Fawn blog to see this card, and also check out my video, too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D