Friday, July 5, 2013

a sad day

i didn't want to have to make this card, but unfortunately, i had to. :(
my best friend's cat passed away and it's super sad. he was an amazing cat, super loving, and social, and playful and funny. anyway, i made her a card (she already received it), to let her know that i am thinking of her, and i'm so sorry.

(side note - i hate making condolence cards. hate it! and i usually don't, because it's too sad for me to make a card for. so i needed some inspiration and i found it using the retro sketches challenge sketch, such a great sketch!)

 ok, here's my card:


i colored the cat to look as much like marbles as possible - he's a black cat, but i didn't want to use black or all of the detail would get washed away, so i went with a dark grey (and left the side of his chin and tummy white like marbz). i colored the images using the distress markers, and then cut them out and arranged them to make a cat angel. 


the wings are actually flower petals from this stamp set from my cute stamps - ella's flowers (the sentiment is also from my cute stamps: pouty petals). and the cat is from the furry kisses stamp set from simon says stamp. i put the little angel cat onto some happy yellow paper (to add as much sunshine as possible) and then twisted up some silver wire i had to make a halo. i added some pearls and that's the end. 

so that's it. a simple card for a sad occassion. 
here's a picture from a month or so ago, of me facetiming with danielle and her cat marbles (we like to try to scrap together, via facetime at least once a week).he would always make an appearance. 


enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. OH NO! I'm sooooooo sorry for your friend! This card will be something she will cherish forever!

    I LOVE his little halo. Adorable take on this sketch. Hugs and prayers to your friend <3


    ps... THANK YOU so much for leaving love on the Virtual Smooches blog during the month of June!! I love sharing my videos-- and I love that you enjoy watching them:) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...what a beautiful boy he is...I'm so sorry for her loss. They become such a big part of our hearts so quickly. Pure love in furry form. Your card is so sweet, heartfelt and obviously made with love. I know your friend found comfort in it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I didn't know you took a,photo of us face timing. *tears*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. That card is so sweet. But I am so Sad for Danielle - I can't imagine life without my fuzzy guys! :(

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D