Thursday, April 17, 2014

sweet stamp shop color pops

**this is my 2nd post of the day! for my newton's nook release of wild thing, click here or scroll down**


hello there, sweet fans! 
i'm over on the sweet stamp shop blog today!
i have two cards that i created after seeing this INCREDIBLE card on pinterest!

it's amazing, i know! 

i just LOVE the b&w background and the pop of color! it's awesome!!!
so that's what i ran with for my two cards!

both cards use the adorably cute yummy love stamp set from sweet stamp shop!

for my first card, i kept the colors similar to the pinterest card, but i did not even attempt to make my own background! ha ha! 


paper piecing all the way! ha ha!
the pears were colored and popped up for dimension! 



the sentiment was created with some thickers that i sewed on over a strip of vellem! (i LOVE adding sewing to my card!).
a few enamel dots, and some llime green splatters and the card was done! 

love the color pop and the bright, crispness of the greens! 

my 2nd card also has the color pop thing going on! but this time i DID make my own background!


i used watercolor paper, lots of water, and some spray mists to create my backgound! grey and black spray mists, to be exact! 



the cute little orange was popped up on a vellum tag and the tabbed sentiment was sewn, too! 

so those are my cards! what do you think?
ready to head on over to the sweet stamp shop pinterest page and get inspired?
enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love the background on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun fruit designed cards Samantha.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these so much. I never use thickers and this makes me want to go get some. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D