Tuesday, April 8, 2014

come what may

perhaps one of my favorite songs from the moulin rouge soundtrack - come what may

it was in my head the entire time i made this card, and that's how i knew i was having fun!
LOVE that song! LOVE mama elephant! and LOVE this card!

the latest challenge is totally up my alley! i just LOOOOOVE that inspiration photo!! the colors, the CAS of it, everything!


sigh. it just makes me happy to look at! 
here is my card:



i used the super adorable little folded bird from the origami stamp set! i LOVE that stamp set! i think the clean lines and modern-ness of it work well with tons of other styles! 

i colored in the bird with copics, a very light grey and then popped it up over the vellum waves! 
the waves were die cut with the landscape trio dies
and the sentiment was stamped directly onto the vellum! i LOVE the vellum, because you cas still see through it to the little splotches of watercolors on the back panel! 
the sentiment is from the true friend stamp set - which i love because you can create your own combinations!



i painted on some water onto the watercolor paper, then dropped some color from my spray mists into the pool! easy background with an awesome effect! (at least i think!)

so that's it! 
what do you think? 
i am totally going to play along again! i LOVE this photo!
enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Sam! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner! This card is absolutely gorgeous! And I love how the vellum waves and sentiment stand out without covering up your beautiful watercoloring. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So BEAUTIFUL Samantha! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing as always!!!!!! I love the coloring on the origami bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! I LOOOOOOOVE the watercolor spots and the vellum! LOVE your coloring for the bird--- beautifully done! WOWOWOWZA:)

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D