Monday, December 4, 2023

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #162 - Coffee, Tea and Treats

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!


yay! 
 

I had so much fun making this sweet and festive card!

Making Spirits Bright Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, Die Cutting, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas Card, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Drinks, Specialty Drinks #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #christmascard #christmasdrink #diecutting

I actually didn't use any stamped images!! crazy! and super rare for me!
I die cut out the main images from the Build-a-Drink die set! I used alcohol inks to create the liquid/drink inside the glasses. then I back it all with white so it would pop against that dark background.

Making Spirits Bright Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, Die Cutting, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas Card, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Drinks, Specialty Drinks #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #christmascard #christmasdrink #diecutting

I used Distress Inks to add color to the images. I used a piece of washi tape as a mask to create the stripes on the straw. then I used Lost Shadow and Abandoned Coral and Dried Marigold for the red-ish areas. I used Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn for the ice cubes and vine-y leaves. then I used Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn for the mint-y shaped leaves.
  
Making Spirits Bright Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, Die Cutting, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas Card, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Drinks, Specialty Drinks #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #christmascard #christmasdrink #diecutting

The background was created with some Noble Fir Cardstock. then I used Pine Needles and Black Soot Distress Inks to add shading to the edges of the cards.
I used white embossed paste with the Snowflake Background Stencils to add some texture, too!
  

I created the sentiment with Harold's ABCs and heat embossed it in white onto Black Licorice Cardstock. then I die cut it up with the Fancy Wavy Banners dies!

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D