Wednesday, December 6, 2023

let's get lit!

hello and hi!
today I have a festive card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!

Light Up the Holidays Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Christmas Card, Lights, Pines, Distress Inks, Die Cutting, Handmade #distressinks #newtonsnookdesigns #newtonsnook #diecutting #christmas

it's so fun and festive, and I tried something new for me - no rainbow! lol!
I still like how it came out though - maybe more elegant or classic? a girl can hope!

I stamped the images from Holiday Lights and then colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. then I added glitter with Star Dust Stickles! once it was all dry, I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out!

Light Up the Holidays Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Christmas Card, Lights, Pines, Distress Inks, Die Cutting, Handmade #distressinks #newtonsnookdesigns #newtonsnook #diecutting #christmas

I die cut out the pine die from Pines & Holly a bunch, and then ink blended them with Distress Inks in Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron.
I used Distress Inks in the same colors to ink blend along the top/bottom and one side of the card. then I placed the pine images all around the ink blended area on the card. once it was all adhered, I splattered around with the same ink colors and then also white acrylic ink.

Light Up the Holidays Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Christmas Card, Lights, Pines, Distress Inks, Die Cutting, Handmade #distressinks #newtonsnookdesigns #newtonsnook #diecutting #christmas

then I added foam tape to all of the lights and placed them around, in and tucked under some of the pine pieces so it would look like the lights were on a christmas tree!!

hopefully you like it and it made you think twice about those 2 small products!!
be sure to check them out on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D