Saturday, November 25, 2023

Popform Pop-Up Penguins!

hi!!
today I'm so excited to share my card that's up on the Lawn Fawn blog! and BONUS: I made a video too! you can check it out on the Lawn Fawn blog, or my youtube channel, here!

Wishing You Joy Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Platform Pop-Up, Interactive Card, Distress Inks, Lawn Fawn, Tutorial, YouTube, Video, Die Cutting, Christmas Card, Card Making, #lawnfawn #youtube #distressinks #tutorital #cardmaking #lawnfawncard #christmascard #penguins #platformpopup

I started by stamping and coloring all of the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I stamped the images from Simply Celebrate Winter Critters, Penguin Party and Snow Cool.
once they were dry, I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out. I also added some details to each image with a white gel pen!

Wishing You Joy Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Platform Pop-Up, Interactive Card, Distress Inks, Lawn Fawn, Tutorial, YouTube, Video, Die Cutting, Christmas Card, Card Making, #lawnfawn #youtube #distressinks #tutorital #cardmaking #lawnfawncard #christmascard #penguins #platformpopup

I couldn’t resist coloring the penguins in a teal color, just to change things up!


I used the Platform Pop-Up die set to for the card. I die cut 2 bases, 2 Ts and 3 hills all from white cardstock. Then I used the Brick Stencil and some Distress Oxide Ink in Lost Shadow to add the subtle grey color. I thought it would make the platform look like an igloo!! I hope that came through.


Wishing You Joy Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Platform Pop-Up, Interactive Card, Distress Inks, Lawn Fawn, Tutorial, YouTube, Video, Die Cutting, Christmas Card, Card Making, #lawnfawn #youtube #distressinks #tutorital #cardmaking #lawnfawncard #christmascard #penguins #platformpopup

Instead of using a 3rd T shape to connect both platforms together, I used a circle Acetate die cut (inspired by Grace’s Card in the Intro to Platform Pop-Up video) and some Fair Dust Stencil Paste to add the sparkly snowflakes with the Snowflakes Backgrounds Stencils. so FUN!! 
I also die cut out the letters for JOY using the Henry’s ABCs dies. then I added color with Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina to mimic the colors of the penguins. I glued those to the side of the circle and it completed my sentiment. 


Wishing You Joy Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Platform Pop-Up, Interactive Card, Distress Inks, Lawn Fawn, Tutorial, YouTube, Video, Die Cutting, Christmas Card, Card Making, #lawnfawn #youtube #distressinks #tutorital #cardmaking #lawnfawncard #christmascard #penguins #platformpopup

the rest of the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto Black Licorice Cardstock from Scribbled Sentiments: Winter and then fussy cut out!

Wishing You Joy Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Platform Pop-Up, Interactive Card, Distress Inks, Lawn Fawn, Tutorial, YouTube, Video, Die Cutting, Christmas Card, Card Making, #lawnfawn #youtube #distressinks #tutorital #cardmaking #lawnfawncard #christmascard #penguins #platformpopup

I love how this whole party just pops up when you 'open' the card!! so fun and SO unique!
be sure to check out the card up on the Lawn Fawn blog!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D