Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Tropical Christmas Slimline Card!

hi there!
today, I have a card up on the Lawn Fawn blog, and bonus: there's a video to go along with it!
you can watch it by heading to my youtube channel!


I decided to make a tropical themed slimline Christmas card! I started by stamping all of the images and the coloring them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out. I love how all of Lawn Fawn’s stamps work together! The reindeer are from a bunch of different sets (Ugly & Bright, Ho-Ho-Holidays, and Toboggan Together), and they’re so cute!
The tree, presents, string of christmas lights and other beach accessories are from Beachy Christmas, Furry and Bright, Pool Party and On the Beach. 
Once everything was colored, I added some details with a white gel pen.



I die cut out the white cardstock with the Scalloped Slimline with Hearts: Portrait dies twice. One of the scalloped die cut pieces was used with the Stitched Hillside and Stitched Waves dies to create the scene! 
I used Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina for the ocean wave. 

And then I used Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber for the shore! I also splattered the ink color and white acrylic ink on top to add to the sandy look! 
For the sky, I used Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry!
Then I used the same colors with the Snowflake Background Stencils, but with more pressure to add the tone-on-tone snowy scene! 




I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto Black Licorice Cardstock and then fussy cut around it!
I finished the card off with some accents of Chunky Glitter!
be sure to check out the card up on the Lawn Fawn blog, or by watching the video!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D