Tuesday, May 1, 2018

CSI Challenge - Case #253

hello!
I'm so excited to be a Guest Detective for the new CSI Challenge - Case #253!
below is the new case file to start off the month!



soooo happy and bright!
and I'll be sharing lots of Newton's Nook Designs goodies on my layout! 



the evidence:
- color scheme
- die cuts
- layers of paper
- pops of black

the testimony:
- I used lots of inspirational words about my littlest little Mann and how this was his first of many (to come!) hockey tournaments
- hope he always has passion and love for what he does in life!



I used the Fancy Edges Tag Die set, as well as the Tags Times Two Die set to create my 'banner'! I used lots of layers of papers for the banenrs and then used my sewing machine to stitch it all on! 



The title and puffy star stickers are from the Cool Kid puffy stickers! then I used the star image from Touchdown Tails to add decorations around the banner! I stamped it on the banners and on the layout and on the photos, too!

The sentiment on the small tag is also from that same stamp set! 

I finished the layout with some tiny word phrases from Tim Holtz and flair and wood buttons! (did I mention the background was created with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, watercolored? hmm. oh yeah, and I used the Waves Stencil and white embossing paste to add texture to the background! I thought it resembled the marks that skates can make on the ice! so fun, right?)

I sure hope you play along!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D