Thursday, May 10, 2018

total eclipse of the sun layout!

hello!

I just wanted to pop in and share a layout I created for the newest Altenew Scrapbook Sketch Challenge!


their sketch challenges are my FAVORITE! I love them, and I'm always so inspired by them!
this time I used a combination of elements from both their scrapbook collections


love it! can you tell I documented the Solar Eclipse that happened last August? we live in SC and saw 100% totality! it was so cool to research and experience with my little Menn!

the background paper is such a fresh, cool color combination, from the Our Family collection! I also used the wood veneers and project life-type cards! 
I used white gesso for the background, and added coordinating colors in water to add a little more texture. then I used some white embossing paste and a star/moon/cloud stencil  to add even more fun to the background! 



the title was created with the letter stickers from the Reflections collection! (my favorite!) I also used some stickers and chipboard pieces from that collection! 


I also stamped some phrases from the mini Traveling stamp set and My Family stamp set at the bottom of the page! 
so that's my layout!
kinda different for me, kinda love it!

can't wait to play along in the next sketch challenge
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D