Tuesday, June 25, 2024

seashell card set!

hi there!
get your swimsuit on and get ready for the beach, because today I have a card set up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog to share!


I made 5 of these cards and they were not only easy, but SO FUN to make!
I used lots of watercolors and lots of splatters! I was cleaning out my craft room and found some Color Burst watercolor powders that I had forgotten all about!
first I heat embossed the beautiful seashell image from Seashell Roundabout. then I added the watercolor!
basically, you can sprinkle the powder on your card and then add water and it's like EXPLOSION of color. or you can add water first and then sprinkle the color and watch the color magic grow and blend!

I stuck to the cool colors like blues, teals, aquas and purples! but the fun thing about the powders is that some of them have random other powder granules and it adds so much dimension and dynamic color!  
once all of the watercolor was dry, I splattered some white acyrlic ink and gold ink on top! I just love the splatters!


I heat embossed the sentiments in gold onto vellum and then fie cut them all out with the Banner Trio Die Set.

be sure to check out the card on the Newton's Nook Designs blog, too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D