Monday, June 17, 2024

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #175 - Summertime Fun

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!


yay!    
nothing goes together better than summer and Lawn Fawn!


I LOVE making summer themed cards with Lawn Fawn products!
and this time I did a LOT of watercoloring for the background!

Life is Good Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Handmade Cards, Card Making, Summer, Beach, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #summercard #summer #beach #watercolor #mixedmedia
 
I stamped the images from Life is Good, Fintastic Friends and On the Beach. then I colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I also decided to fussy cut out all the images! I just love that little crab on vacation!

Life is Good Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Handmade Cards, Card Making, Summer, Beach, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #summercard #summer #beach #watercolor #mixedmedia

for the beach/sandy shore I used Distress Inks in Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber. then I sprinkled some white acrylic ink and the same ink colors to make it look sandy!
the wave was created with watercolors onto the 80lb white cardstock and lots of white acrylic ink! so FUN!

Life is Good Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Handmade Cards, Card Making, Summer, Beach, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #summercard #summer #beach #watercolor #mixedmedia

I popped up the sand castles, crab, beach ball, sun and sentiment with foam tape. the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto Black Licorice Cardstock and then the banner was hand cut.

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D