Thursday, September 10, 2020

if i fits, i sits scrapbook layout

hello there!

today I'm sharing a scrapbook layout up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!
we had to say goodbye to our furry family member last month, and it was HARD, but I'm dealing with it the only way I know how - scrapbooking!

so let's get back to the happy!


Place Cat Here Scrapbook Layout by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Mixed Media, Scrapbooking, Layout, Watercolor, Stamping, Sewing, Machine stitching #newtonsnook #scrapbook #scrapbooking #mixedmedia #watercolor #layout

love this!!! 
I used some white gesso on a background of white cardstock, and once that was dry, I used some white embossing paste and the Meow Stencil to add some texture! once that was dry, I used some watercolors in pinks and yellows to add some bright, happy color to the background!

I used some white tissue paper, torn vellum and scraps of aqua patterned paper to layer behind the photo! I just LOVE the combination of the warm color and the aqua! 


Place Cat Here Scrapbook Layout by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Mixed Media, Scrapbooking, Layout, Watercolor, Stamping, Sewing, Machine stitching #newtonsnook #scrapbook #scrapbooking #mixedmedia #watercolor #layout

I also used the adorable stamped images from Newton Loves Boxes and Newton's Antics in versafine onyx black ink to the background, too!! it was too perfect not to include them!


Place Cat Here Scrapbook Layout by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Mixed Media, Scrapbooking, Layout, Watercolor, Stamping, Sewing, Machine stitching #newtonsnook #scrapbook #scrapbooking #mixedmedia #watercolor #layout

to add just a few pops of color, I cut some random pieces of the white card stocked, and had some black and white papers peeking through! and I stitched on the sentiment, and then used some more random stitching lines underneath and around the photo! 

hope that makes you smile, I know it's not a card, but I'll be back with more of those soon!! ha!
be sure to check this out on the Newton's Nook Designs blog, too! 
enjoy!

3 comments:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D