Tuesday, July 21, 2020

big birthday wishes

hello and happy days to you!
today I have another card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!

and this one was made with my oldest son in mind! 
he's a panda-fan! LOVES them! and his birthday is coming up, so I knew I just had to make him a panda themed birthday card, of course!


Big Birthday Wishes Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Pandas, Slimline, Cards, Handmade Cards, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Embossing Paste, #newtonsnook #slimline #cards #birthday #panda #distressoxide #inkblending #stencil

I stamped the images from Playful Pandas and added a little light grey shading with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! not much to color, and they still make a fun scene! then I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out! I also stamped and colored the party hats and balloon from Fabulous Frenchies


Big Birthday Wishes Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Pandas, Slimline, Cards, Handmade Cards, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Embossing Paste, #newtonsnook #slimline #cards #birthday #panda #distressoxide #inkblending #stencil

I also used the both of the *new* slimline die sets for my scene! I used the Slimline Frames & Portholes die set for the scalloped border and for all of the mini scenes I used the squares from Slimline Frames & Windows die set
each square was ink blended with Distress Oxide inks! I did a gradient color palette in Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold and Squeezed Lemonade! once they were dry, I used the Cloudy Sky Stencil and some white embossing paste to add texture to the background! 


Big Birthday Wishes Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Pandas, Slimline, Cards, Handmade Cards, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Embossing Paste, #newtonsnook #slimline #cards #birthday #panda #distressoxide #inkblending #stencil

lastly, I heat embossed the phrases in white onto black cardstock and popped them up with dimension! they are from the Holding Happiness stamp set! It's so easy to combine these stamps and dies from Newton's Nook
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D