Monday, September 20, 2010

wee marshmallows

i have to say, i'm super excited about this card! :) he he! i had a whole different card made for the wee memories SOS (scallops, orange or string) challenge this week, but then my new lawn fawn stamps came in the mail, and to the side it went! i love lawn fawn stamps - they are such great quality! anyway, as soon as the stamps came, i had to play with them - and then this card developed in my mind, and BAM, i had to make it right away! and it just so happens that it also fits the guidelines for the wee memories challenge this week! bonus!


anyway, the challenge was to use any 2 of the 3 ideas (scallops, orange or string), but i sort of used all three! it just happened! ha ha! take a look:



i just think it's so cute! there is a glass of milk as a stamp in the cozy christmas stamps from lawn fawn, and as soon as i saw it, i thought *snap* marshmallow, i can turn it into a marshmallow! and then couple that with the fire, and *kabam* instant smores. lol! i pretty much popped everything on this card for dimension, all but one of the marshmalloes are popped, one of the clouds is popped up, and the fire stamp is paper pieced and the flame is popped. the 'stick' is actually a toothpick!




my husband thinks this card is a little canabalistic and dark...but how can that be when everyone on it, is so happy! look at the cute little faces on the marshmallows and fire - it's a party, and well, 'you're hot!' personally, it makes me laugh, and i love it!


so anyway, what do you think? let me know, i'd love to hear your thoughts! :)
enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Ha! Super fun use of that set! I love it! I don't think its dark at all. I'm pretty sure that little marshmallow had it coming! LOL! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! That sentiment with those marshmellows just put a smile on my face! So CUTE! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Marshmallows are my favorite. Remember when I perfected the indoor s'more in college?? Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eee! TOO cute! Thanks for playing the Wee Memories challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smell....smores....and a winner! When you told be about your idea, it was super stinkin' cute! Come on who doesn't like items that aren't suppose to have faces that have faces! Right? I love it as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! When we got the sneak peak of that set, so many of us thought those were marshmallows! Very Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius! Great job turning that glass into a marshmallow! So impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So brilliant, clever and cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and very creative! I like your thinking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! What a creative way to stretch your stamps! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! I thought they looked like marshmallows from the first time I saw them! I love'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sam, It's a great card. Makes me think of camping and it's adorable...

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D