Thursday, September 23, 2010

everything but the kitchen sink - macgyver style

yeah, you read that right. i totally macgyver-ed this challenge at everything but the kitchen sink - and just in time too (in true macgyver fashion, of course)! below is the sketch for this challenge:



i think it's so cool that the sketch is based off of the playstation - my husband loves video games, so i could totally relate! :) here's my take, and then i'll explain!



here's somethink you should know. i love peanut butter and jelly. like, an unhealthy amount, i could eat pb&j everyday.now that that's out of the way...

ok, so first of all, i fliped the sketch over. and the stamps, ah the stamps! perhaps you may recognize them from lawn fawn's cozy christmas set? i have (once again!) modified the poor little glass of milk into peanut butter and jelly jars! (maybe one day i'll actually use the cute, little glass of milk in the intended way - a glass of milk!) anyway, i stamped the image on to white cardstock, scanned it into the computer and erased the 'wave' lines of the milk. then i fliped the image so i could have them facing each other! he he!



i drew the peanut myself and cut it out, and the strawberry was part of a border stamp set i had, from which i cut out one. as if that wasn't enough macgyver-ing, i also used toothpicks (which used some of my brown stamp pad to darken) for the body of the tree! then i used my cloud punch to create the 'leaves' of the tree.

what do you think? totally macgyver-ed. i know. *sigh*. i figured, it's an 'everything but the kitchen sink' challenge, so why use conventional items!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this is CUTE! Thanks for playing along with my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that is just too fun! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and very clever! I like to use stamps in different ways too! :) Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and fun! You are so clever with the milk man! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam I absolutely love this card! I'm also a fan of the EBTKS challenge and I'm so glad that I stumbled upon your blog that way! Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D