Wednesday, May 22, 2024

cone-gratulations!

hello and happy Wednesday!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!
the current challenge is all about only using dies and it's such a fun way to stretch my creativity!

Cone-gratulations Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Distress Inks, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Congratulations, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, Die Cuts, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #diecutting #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #congratulations #icecream

I used the I Scream, You Scream die set from Lawn Fawn to start my card! everything was cut from white cardstock and then I added color with Distress Oxide Inks. I used Antique Linen for the ice cream (it was as close to Vanilla as I could get! lol)
then I used Saltwater Taffy for the blush!
I also used Saltwater Taffy, as well as Candied Apples, for the cherry on top. the stem uses Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.

Cone-gratulations Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Distress Inks, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Congratulations, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, Die Cuts, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #diecutting #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #congratulations #icecream

I used Vintage Photo, Fossilized Amber and Walnut Stain to the cones. I also used the same colors for the 'cone' sentiment. once those letters were die cut using Henry's ABCs from white cardstock, and ink blended with the colors above, I placed the letters inside the cone dies and ran it through my die cutting machine to add the stitched detail to the letters, too!

Cone-gratulations Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Distress Inks, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Congratulations, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, Die Cuts, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #diecutting #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #congratulations #icecream

I die cut out the rest of the sentiment with black cardstock. all of the letters were popped up with foam tape.
I also added some details to the images with a white gel pen.
for the background, I used Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina and Cracked Pistachio to ink blend and add color. then I splattered on all of the colors on top, as well as some white acrylic ink.

be sure to check out the card up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, and play around with your dies, too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D