Wednesday, March 27, 2024

don't let the pigeon drive the bus!

hi there!
today I'm popping up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog with a super cute and fun card for the current, Inspired By... Challenge!

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Cards, Handmade Cards, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #Inkblending #dontletthepigeondrivethebus #lawnfawn


so fun right!
I was inspired by the children's book series by Mo Willems: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and The Duckling Gets a Cookie?!
both of these books are near and dear to my heart since when my little Menn were actually little (ha!) they LOOOOVED these books and always made us ALL crack up!
I started by stamping the images from the Rub-a-Dub-Dub, Car Critters, All the Speech Bubbles and Milk and Cookies with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then die cut them out.

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Cards, Handmade Cards, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #Inkblending #dontletthepigeondrivethebus #lawnfawn

I transformed the larger duck image into the Piegeon as best I could! lol! I also used the Peekaboo Backdrop dies to create the sort of book/comic book grid that is used in the book. I popped up the frame with foam tape. I also popped up all of the images with foam tape, too.
I used Distress Oxide Inks in Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, Dried Marigold and Tattered Rose to add ink blending all around.

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Cards, Handmade Cards, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #Inkblending #dontletthepigeondrivethebus #lawnfawn

the sentiments were stamped from All the Speech Bubbles in all of the tiny speech bubbles!
hopefully this card made you smile, and made you nostalgic, too!

be sure to check out the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge and play along with us!
enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! This reminds me of a comic strip. I had to look after reading the title. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D