Wednesday, May 24, 2023

we'll all float on!

hello!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, and it's all about those dies!

Go With the Float Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Die Cuts, Die Cutting, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Flamingo, Floatie, Pool #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawnaticschallenge #diecutting #diecuts #cardmaking #floatie #flamingo

this Flamingo Floatie is the cutest thing ever - and I had so much fun bringing it to life!

I used white cardstock to die cut everything. I added color to everything with Distress Inks.
For the area surrounding the pool, I used Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber and then splattered the colors on top to add a gritty-like texture. And I also sprinkled white acrylic ink on top.



Go With the Float Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Die Cuts, Die Cutting, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Flamingo, Floatie, Pool #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawnaticschallenge #diecutting #diecuts #cardmaking #floatie #flamingo

Once the flamingo from Flamingo Floatie was ink blended with Dried Marigold and Picked Raspberry, I used my white gel pen to add some details to make it look shiny!
I also attached the flamingo to the card with an action wobbler so it can swivel and bob around! so fun!


For the pool water, it was die cut with the Stitched Pond set. then, I used Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina and just splattered it with water to add some texture.


Go With the Float Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Die Cuts, Die Cutting, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Flamingo, Floatie, Pool #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawnaticschallenge #diecutting #diecuts #cardmaking #floatie #flamingo

I die cut out the letters with Henry’s ABCs and then popped them up with foam tape! I kept the sentiment ‘flowing’ around the edge of the pool to give it a nod to the pun of the sentiment itself (go with the flow). Love it!

be sure to check out the card on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog and we hope you play along!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D