Thursday, June 9, 2022

end of the year cards for teachers!

hello!
today I have this set of 6 cards up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!
it's that time of year again, and I had to make some thank you cards for my boys' teachers for the end of the year!

what's better than getting out some alcohol inks and Newton's Nook stencils!

Teacher Cards by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Alcohol Inks, Heat Embossing, Stencil, Summer, Beach, End of the Year, School, Teacher, Card Making, Handmade Cards, #seashell #newtonsnook #cardmaking #alcoholinks

love these!!
I used light browns and mustards for the sandy area, and light teals and mints for the water area of the 'beach' scene! so fun!

once the alcohol inks were all dry, I used the Seashells stencil to add some texture! I used white embossing paste first, and then sprinkled some glittery and sand colored embossing powder on top! once the embossing paste was dry, I heat embossed the powder and it all set!

Teacher Cards by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Alcohol Inks, Heat Embossing, Stencil, Summer, Beach, End of the Year, School, Teacher, Card Making, Handmade Cards, #seashell #newtonsnook #cardmaking #alcoholinks

I also heat embossed the sentiments from Seashell Roundabout and Heartfelt Blooms stamp sets onto some kraft cardstock. then I used the Banner Trio Die Set to die cut out the banners!

Teacher Cards by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Alcohol Inks, Heat Embossing, Stencil, Summer, Beach, End of the Year, School, Teacher, Card Making, Handmade Cards, #seashell #newtonsnook #cardmaking #alcoholinks

these cards came out SO cute, I almost don't want to give them away! but guess what?! they were SO easy to make! and hopefully it gets the teachers into the summer-y mood!
be sure to check out the cards up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great colors and techniques!! Thanks for sharing… can’t wait to try this‼️🥰

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D