Thursday, March 12, 2020

lucky to have you, friend!

hello!
top o' the morning to ya!

:P

today I have this fun, St Patrick's Day themed-friendship card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!

Lucky That You're My Friend Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, St Patrick's Day, Distress Inks, Lucky, Luck, Cards, handmade cards #newtonsnook #cards #stpatricksday #lucky #cardmaking #distressinks

I used the adorable Newton's Pot of Gold for my card! I stamped out the image and then colored it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, then fussy cut it out!

for the background, I used a (literal) rainbow of colors and did some ink blending!
I used a folded sheet of computer paper, held it at an angle on my card base, and then did some easy ink blending with the colors!

Lucky That You're My Friend Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, St Patrick's Day, Distress Inks, Lucky, Luck, Cards, handmade cards #newtonsnook #cards #stpatricksday #lucky #cardmaking #distressinks

I applied more pressure towards the folded piece of paper, to make it a little darker! then I splattered some water and colored ink, too!

Lucky That You're My Friend Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, St Patrick's Day, Distress Inks, Lucky, Luck, Cards, handmade cards #newtonsnook #cards #stpatricksday #lucky #cardmaking #distressinks

the sentiment was heat embossed in white and then fussy cut out, too! everything on the card was popped up with foam tape!

be sure to check this card out on the Newton's Nook Designs blog, too!
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great card. I especially love the distress ink rainbow background...can I ask what colors you used?

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D