Thursday, March 7, 2019

Happy Blooming Birthday!

ha!!
I just love that sentiment! it's so sweet!
and it's the perfect compliment to my card that's up on the Newton's Nook blog today

Happy Blooming Birthday Card by Samantha Mann, Newton's Nook Designs, tulips, spring, flowers, watercolor, #watercolor, #tulips, #newtonsnook

So fun and spring-y, right?
I made this with my grandma in mind! her birthday is at the end of the month, and she's from Holland, so the tulips seemed appropriate! 

Happy Blooming Birthday Card by Samantha Mann, Newton's Nook Designs, tulips, spring, flowers, watercolor, #watercolor, #tulips, #newtonsnook

first, I stamped and heat embossed in clear, the tulip images from Beautiful Spring! I used Altenew watercolors to color the images, and then used the coordinating dies to cut them out! so easy, so fun!

Happy Blooming Birthday Card by Samantha Mann, Newton's Nook Designs, tulips, spring, flowers, watercolor, #watercolor, #tulips, #newtonsnook

the background was ink blended with Distress Inks (my favorite combo: Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch and Peacock Feathers!), and the sentiment is from the new Loads of Blooms stamp set!
I finished off the card with some pretty, clear sequins, too!

be sure to check out the card on the Newton's Nook Designs blog, and to keep up with all of the latest news and fun! 
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D