Wednesday, December 31, 2014

kiss kiss, i love you!

happy new year's eve! :)
today i am sharing a card i made for one of my favorite challenges, and the sentiment just so happens to be PERFECT for today! :)

i saw this inspiration photo on the Runway Inspired Challenge blog, and dude - it SPOKE to me! ha! i LOVE the yellow, and the strip of red and even the warm grey color of the purse! such a beautiful ensemble! 


don't you agree?
so, how could i NOT play along, right?
here's my interpretation:


i sprayed some Heidi Swapp Mustard spray onto a piece of recycled packaging, and then smooshed it onto the background of my card to create the 'watercolor' look. my absolute FAVORITE way to make a watercolor background!

then i heat embossed the sentiment from Mama Elephant's Pandamonium in red. the feathers are from the Smitten stamp set (LOVE that set!), and i also had heat embossed those in white onto vellum. i cut them out and stitched them in place. LOVE stitching on my cards, as you know!


lastly, i popped the card base with some foal tape over a wonky placed strip of warm grey washi tape and done! :)

hope it made you happy! i LOVE this card, and i can't wait to give it to the Mann of my dreams on valentine's day! ha! :)
enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. The off-kiltered quirkiness of this card is just fab! I'm loving those stitched down feathers and all that metallic shine. I bet it just sings in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooohhhh...this is awesome. Super love it.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um I love this! It's so soft and pretty. That gold is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully soft and beautiful :) Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this?!! Very fun and innovative take on the inspiration - love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful CAS card! Gorgeous take on the runaway photo!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D