Tuesday, December 23, 2014

dreaming of a cloudy christmas

hello!!
it's almost christmas! and it's almost sunny!! ha ha!!
well, i can't even say it's almost sunny, actually there is an ALMOST tropical depression just sitting over us! it causes lots of rain and lots of clouds. lol! 

well, that was a tangent!! lol!
my card today is about clouds though, so that's where this all started! :)
i created this card for the most recent Little Tangles challenge, which is all about BLING, baby!! :)


how can i resist?
i heat embossed some of the clouds from the super LOVELY Clouds stamp set from Neat and Tangled, in Liquid Platinum, and then watercolored some distress markers onto them. LOVE the pools of color near the edges. i definitely added a little shading near the edges, just so it wasn't so flat.


then i popped up some of the clouds and added two different sized silver sequins (the larger Silver Metallic ones are from the Neat and Tangled shop!).The front panel was spritzed with a little gold mist and then i stitched onto a few of the clouds, and card base....because...well i love to sew on cards. i can't help it! :)


so that's my card!
i'm hoping this card makes my spirits bright, since the weather certainly won't! :)
what's the weather like by you?
enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun card! LOVE the silver embossing!! Hope you have a very merry Christmas!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!! I love the metallics and the colors!!! Such a lovely card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning, Sam! I love those colourful clouds with the silver embossing. Perfect design!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know where to start!! You have a parade of amazing Christmas cards! I love, love, love the ingenuity of that Santa snowflake beard. And the impressionistic ornaments of your first card was simply STUNNING. That cloud card also blew my mind with its bright cheerfulness and shimmer. Following your blog now, because you've clearly got some amazing talent! I would love if you would cheer me on, too! http://damselofdistressedcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I just love how you used the clouds, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D