Thursday, October 21, 2010

spreading some joy

what a great card i have to share today! it makes me smile, it's bright and light and happy! ok, enough, on to the card!

i made this card for the 2 sketches 4 you challenge (see below) and the etsy inpsired challenge (my inspiration project from capturing creativity is also below):

+

ok, and 2s4y + etsy inspiration = my card!



isn't it happy! i know it's a little nutty to use a thank you card as the inspiration and then make a christmas card, but those colors were just too vibrant and happy - i had to use them for christmas!
i cut out a circle and put all different shapes/sizes of red buttons below to show through. and then i made that "O" an ornament (i used some black metal wire i had). i stamped the "J" and "Y" in black and then went over them with some black glitter, just to make them stand on their own a little more.



i used my circle punch to create the 'scallops' and then some red ribbon down the middle makes it look like a present!

so that's it! i hope it made you smile too!
enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I love how you were inspired by my card and how you interpreted the sketch! The button filled O is so fun and I love the big red scalloped edge. Thanks for playing in the Etsy Inspired Challenge and for visiting my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the button filled "o" in joy!! it is adorable! And the apples oh the apples!! I need get scrappin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your inspired card! The buttons really make the card POP!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great GREAT card! I love what you did with the 2S4Y sketch! This is such a fabulous Christmas card! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute..your inspiration piece is awesome as well...and I really like how you reworked it all...the buttons are super neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card - those buttons are divine!!
    thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous card!!! Love those buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D