Sunday, October 3, 2010

rawr and some hero arts fun too!

hey there! so, danielle (from girlracer scrap) and i were machines this 'world card day' weekend! we had so much fun and made so many cards!! so stay tuned all week for the posts! they're so all so cute! eek!

ok, the first card i made for hero arts! they had a little mini-challenge this weekend (in honor of world card making day, of course!) which was to create a card with hero arts elements, incorporating your favorite color! sounds easy to me! i'm trying to make all holiday theme-ed cards (when i can!) so that my christmas card list will be checked (done!!) in time! ha ha! we'll see... :)


so my favorite color is turqouise-y/light blue/teal-y (i think that's a crayola name...lol!) and i LOVE LOVE LOVE kraft paper at the moment, so i had to pair the two together! i was going for a windy/snowy look with the snowflakes! i stamped some of them and heat embossed some - um, danielle taught me how to heat emboss today...i'm just saying...i may never use another technique in my life! lol! ok, that's a bit of a stretch, but it's SO fun.

i popped up this little hero arts owl's sweater and the sentiment. i also distressed the sentiment with a white stamp pad. when i look at this card, i just want to snuggle under the covers on a cold day!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

the next card is a quick one i whipped up for the my pink stamper challenge this weekend - creating a halloween-themed card.

i took a little t-rex i had cut with the cricut - and transformed him into a mummy! he wanted to trick or treat too! ha ha! i used a watermark stamp pad for the 'moon' and 'forest' behind the little guy.


i blinged the sentiment and popped it up, and vwa-la, instant halloween card!
rawr!
i hope you all were able to pencil in a lot of scrapping/carding this weekend too!
enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great cards Sam! I also took this weekend to get some of my Christmas cards finished... I think I'm almost done with the special ones! After that I'll just have to find a simple mass card that I can make over and over again quickly! Great job on both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rawr give me some candy!!! I love it!!! I am so happy we had such a productive day and didn't spend a dime!!!! Our honeys would be proud! :-) I agree with Kristy! Make special x-mas cards then mass produce another layout for the rest of the cards!! Genius!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D