Wednesday, August 26, 2026

thank you cherry much!

hello!
today I have a fun card up on the Lawn Fawnatics challenge blog!
the current challenge is all about fun with food - and I had a BLAST making this card!

Thank You Cherry Much Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Thank You Card, Cherries, Cherry, Card Making, Watercolor, Ink Blending, Distress Inks, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #watercolor #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cherry #cherries

I started by stamping the images from Be Hap-pea and colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. but instead of coloring them green to be peas (as intended), I colored them in warm reds to be cherries!! so fun! once the images were dry, I used a white gel pen to add some extra details and then die cut them out.

Thank You Cherry Much Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Thank You Card, Cherries, Cherry, Card Making, Watercolor, Ink Blending, Distress Inks, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #watercolor #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cherry #cherries

I also stamped a bunch of balloon strings from the Really High Five stamp set and die cut them out, to be the cherry stems! I thought that was a fun idea to try out!
I used Distress Inks in Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron for the background. I ink blended the colors with the darkest shade on the outside and lightest in the middle. then I used the same ink colors and added some of the it with watercolor and a piece of clear packaging to get the watercolored look. and once it was dry, I went over it all again with ink blending to get the super saturated look!

Thank You Cherry Much Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Thank You Card, Cherries, Cherry, Card Making, Watercolor, Ink Blending, Distress Inks, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #watercolor #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cherry #cherries

to create the sentiment, I die cut out the 'cherry' letters using Henry's ABC's and some Peach Cardstock, then used a little Abandoned Coral Distress Ink to add some ombre colors.
the rest of the sentiment was stamp and heat embossed in white from the Fairy Friends stamp set. the letters and the sentiment strips were popped up with foam tape and everything else was attached directly to the card.

be sure to check this card out on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog and play along!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D