Sunday, June 25, 2023

you're a pretty bug deal

hi there!
hopefully everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawn blog! and guess what? I also have a video of this card for you to enjoy!
you can watch it on the Lawn Fawn blog or on my youtube channel!

A Really Bug Deal Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Video, YouTube, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Tutorial, Bugs, Handmade Cards #lawnfawn #diecutting #acetate #cardmaking #handmadecards #distressinks

so cute!
I used the new Simply Celebrate More Critters stamps and dies! and I combined them with the adorable A Bug Deal stamps and dies!
all of the images were stamped and then colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then die cut out. I also added some white details with the white gel pen.

A Really Bug Deal Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Video, YouTube, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Tutorial, Bugs, Handmade Cards #lawnfawn #diecutting #acetate #cardmaking #handmadecards #distressinks

I die cut out the tree canopy with the Puffy Cloud Borders, the hills from the Stitched Hillside Borders and the grass from the Grassy Border dies all from white cardstock. then I used Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles and Twisted Citron for the tree tops. I used Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers for the hills and grass!
I also used a piece of white cardstock cut to a card base and used Distress Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina. I attached this piece to the inside of the card base.

A Really Bug Deal Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Video, YouTube, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Tutorial, Bugs, Handmade Cards #lawnfawn #diecutting #acetate #cardmaking #handmadecards #distressinks

then I cut the top of the card base, and attached a piece of acetate cut to the size of the card base to the top flap of the card.
then I attached the tree tops on top of the acetate, as well as the grass and hills.
I also attached all of the critters on top, except for the two butterflies.

A Really Bug Deal Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Video, YouTube, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Tutorial, Bugs, Handmade Cards #lawnfawn #diecutting #acetate #cardmaking #handmadecards #distressinks

I attached the two butterflies inside the card, and heat embossed the rest of the sentiment in white inside the card, hidden until it's open.
the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto black cardstock and then popped up with foam tape on the front of the card.

be sure to check out the card on the Lawn Fawn blog, or on youtube!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D