Thursday, November 23, 2017

let it snow - trees!

hello!
happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating! I know I'm looking forward to being in a food coma later in the day!

today I have this card up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!
I created this card, keeping the current challenge in mind - color inspiration!



I just love those sweet, festive colors! 
I used the Let it Snow stamp set to create this card, along with Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks! :)

I started by stenciling some Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks with a striped stencil. then I did some watercoloring on top of the stencil with the same colors!



once it was all dry, I stamped the trees with Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover Distress Oxide inks right on top of everything! sooo fun!! I used the 'rock and roll' technique to add the different 'shades' to the tree images.

lastly, I sprinkled white acrylic paint over everything and added a few sequin stars. oh yes, I also swiped my Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide Ink onto a strip of white cardstock, then heat embossed the sentiment and popped it up! 

hope that inspired you! be sure to check it out on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, and to get crafty with this current challenge! :)
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This card has a real peaceful feel to it! Love the many colors of green trees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Samantha, fabulous trees and I love your background

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D