Sunday, October 6, 2013

a perfect match

today i have real fun card i made today to share! i was able to get it done during the quietest time of the day for me - nap time! ha ha! the little menn were sleeping (along with 'the' mann - my husband! ha!) and it's by far my favorite time to craft - no distractions, i have music and the sun (can be) out! :)

i made my card for two challenges today! sweet stamp shop's use what you have challenge and CAS(E) this sketch challenge



what a fun sketch, right?! so i took out my copics (my coloring is a work in progress!) and created this fun card! 


i think this stamp sets is one of my favorites - perfect match. it's so FUN! and originally i was going to use the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (my FAVORITE images on this set by far!) but i decided to use other images - can you believe this is the first time i didn't use them! ha ha! i love all of the other images, but i am a pb&j fanatic - so i always lean towards those images! lol! :)


anyway, i fussy cut and popped up all of the images and then stamped the sentiment directly onto the grey, checkerboard base. then to create a sort of 'picnic table' feel, i used some washi (from my...very...large...ahem, collection) at the top and bottom of the card (under the cardstock). fun!! and not at all how i usually use washi tape - i usually make my washi tape use front and center! lol! 

here's my washi stash:

 *my husband made me that washi tape holder for christmas last year, and i LOVE that i can see all of my washi all of the time! the colors are bright, happy and inspirational! :)

so that's it! 
enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Samantha, I adore this sun card! I agree, the PB&J are so cute in that set, but you did a great job with the hot dog, ketchup and mustard, too! I love that washi tape holder...your DH could start a side business making them, I bet! So glad you played along at Sweet Stamp Shop's UWYH challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling! I love the take on the sketch...perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! Love the wall o'washi too. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so sweet! I love it! What a fabulous take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a cool idea. Love your card. And you washi stash is stunning. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these images-- I used them for WCMD last year-- I loved my card (but I guess PC didn't! LOL!)!!! I love the design and fun sentiment! Fab x100000000000:) LOVE that washi tape holder-- can your hubs make me one? LOL! LOVE all of your tapes-- must visit your room to play with some! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you have the measurements on the washi tape holder? I love that!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D