Wednesday, December 5, 2012

this little light switch of mine

the color challenge over at lawnscaping is super awesome! i really like it! but the DT inspiration is off the charts this week! so amazing!


you had me at teal and kraft and i stayed for the red! lol!!
i've been on a layout kick - so if that's not your bag, sorry!! :(  ha ha! i think making all of my christmas cards burned me out of cards for a while! ha ha! i just need to switch it up for a bit! :)

so anyway, here is my layout:


that little mann...sigh! he discovered he could reach the light switch from his crib when we stay at nana and papa's house! so we always know when he's awake because we can see the light go on and off under the door, and we can hear it 'click' on and 'click' off! lol! (fun fact - completely unrelated to craftiness! that crib is the same crib that my dad and my brother and i slept in as babies - and my grandpa built it! ha ha!)


so ok, the base is lawn fawn brightside paper, of course! :) and i used a mask and some spray mists for the first time! pretty fun! then i used 'say cheese' and colored/paper pieced the camera and polaroids. i also used 'a birdie told me' to layer up the wood veneer word bubble - which was TOO perfect not to use! lol!


and i LOVE that little light switch from 'how delightful', and i tried to show it as on and off! lol! oh, and yes, there's just a hint of layered washi...*whistle* i may have gone a bit overboard there. :)

so that's it! super fun!! and i laugh when i look at it and remember, so that's the best part of a layout in my opinion! :)
it's going to be almost 80 degrees here today!!!!!!!! i thought this was december! ha ha!! i'll never get used to the 'southern' winters! 
enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Samantha, what a great layout! I love the spray mists and the washi and the pictures are just too cute! What a doll!!! Awesome job on this!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so cute! You did a great job with that challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! I love your "on" and "off" lightbulbs! thanks for playing along with lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet is this!!!! I love that you are making layouts! How talented you are!!! HA HA, the on and off lightbulbs are hilarious! What a sweet keepsake you have created here!!!

    http://rwkrafts.blogspot.com/2012/12/12-days-of-holiday-projects-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha This is absolutely adorable!! AMAZING layout so clever and well done, I love it! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Mann, your little guy cracks me up!!! :D I love this super-fun and funny -- and awesome-looking! -- layout, Sam!! The pictures are too cute, and I love the history behind the crib, too!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D