Saturday, December 1, 2012

same long shot, different stamps

i had some impromptu time to myself today - the little menn went to pick out our christmas tree and they decided it would be done better 'no girls allowed'. well alright then. ha!

so with my little surprise free time, i made a card i had been thinking about for a little bit, for the lawn fawn winter 2013 challenge! so, yep! another long shot! but i don't really do these challenges to win, i do them because i just LOVE getting crafty (and lawn fawn!)! lol! so it's win-win for me!


anyway, today i decided to use the 'sunny skies' stamp set. i knew i was going to use some acetate, so i just had to pick the plain cardstock and layout of the card. which was a bit of a challenge since i'm i love paper piecing, but with patterned paper, and at one point i had birds, clouds, kites, suns, just everything on the card! it was a tad busy! lol!

anyway, i pared it down, and this is the end result.


vwa-la! the kite and the small cloud are adhered to the inside of the card, and the sun, big cloud and cloud 'sky line' (?!) are all adhered to the acetate (with the big cloud also popped up for even more dimension - if that's possible!) ha ha!

so i still think it has a lot going on, but i did stop myself a little! i was going to add glitter to the sun, and shading to the clouds and kites...but no! i kept it crisp and clean! executive decision! 


so that's that! hopefully this isn't the last my ink has seen of me this weekend! :) 
enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. That is too cute!! I really like the little scene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Sam! I love the acetate front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY, Who could be sad with a pink kite?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card! Great use of the acetate, I bought some and need to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH! I love how you've used that acetate! FAB design! You've inspired me--totally need to get some acetate!! <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D