Thursday, August 16, 2012

every little thing

i made a card today! it's always a good day when i can get at least a little crafty, right?
and sometime i need to get inky to take my mind off of other things...you know what i mean! i'm sure we've all been there!

anyway, the card i made was inspired by the challenge colors at the play date cafe...seriously. love.


my heart melts just looking at the colors! :)
i think i could make 100 projects with just these colors! that being said, here's my (first??) card: :)


i used my new (well new to me!) stamp from hero arts, sillyscape - love it!
i did some distress ink coloring on the buildings...my first time doing that!!!! i like it way more than i thought! and i want to keep doing more and more! but first...more distress inks! lol! :)


ha! the clouds were cut with a punch, but through some fun washi tape! love! everything is popped up with foam for dimension.
the sentiment is from hero arts/studio calico stamp set - hooray. love the saying! and of course the song is stuck on repeat in my head! :) ha ha!


i added the faux stitching around the edge at the end...it just sort of happened. one minute i was contemplating adding it...and the next minute they were there. so i'm not sure if i'm in love with it, but it's there! :)

hope you got crafty today too!
enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love everything about this card, Samantha!! :D The colour combo, the neat-lookin' washi-tape-punched clouds, the inking you did -- it's all awesome! And your faux stitching looks super-cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job on the card...isn't it such a pretty color trio? thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card, love the doodling around the outside. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you got disstressey!! and that saying get me all Bob Marley!!! Now I am singing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you used the Distress Inks on the buildings looks so cool! I love the yellows. What a fabulous card!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D