Monday, October 16, 2023

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #159 - Monochromatic

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!


yay!
   

I just love pushing myself to make monochromatic cards! the color choices are endless!
this time, I decided to go with pinks and reds and all the warm colors! lol!


Cozy Christmas Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Christmas Card, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Monochromatic #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #diecutting #handmadecards #cardmaking #christmas #christmascard

I used the Simple Stripes: Diagonal die and die cut out the stripes of cardstock for each paper choice! in case you're curious, here are the cardstock colors I used:
Chili Pepper Cardstock, 
Ballet Slippers Cardstock
, Pencil Eraser Cardstock
 and Apricot Cardstock.
 
Cozy Christmas Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Christmas Card, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Monochromatic #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #diecutting #handmadecards #cardmaking #christmas #christmascard
 
once the stripes were all put back together, I used some white embossing paste and the Snowflake Trio Stencil to add some texture. once that was dry, I splattered some gold on top of it all! 
I die cut out the main phrase with the Scripty Wishes die from white cardstock 5 times. I used Distress Inks in Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry and Dried Marigold on the top layer and then glued them all together!
 
Cozy Christmas Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Christmas Card, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Monochromatic #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #diecutting #handmadecards #cardmaking #christmas #christmascard
 
I used a strip of white cardstock and the same Distress Ink colors for the first part of the sentiment. I heat embossed the phrase from the Den Sweet Den stamp set!
 
 
I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D