Sunday, October 18, 2015

my Create a Smile Snow Dance Kit projects

**this is my 2nd post of the day! to see the sneak peek of my layout for Butterfly Reflections Ink, scroll down or click here!**

me again!

i just wanted to pop on today and share the projects i made with the ADORABLE, AMAZING, super perfect Snow Dance Kit (that is now sold out!!) by Create a Smile Stamps

my projects were already featured on the Create a Smile Stamps blog last week during the Countdown to the Release! but i wanted to share them on my blog as well!

first up, i made this awesome Christmas layout of my little Menn from last Christmas!


i called it my Christmas miracle, because they both put on these silly hats and reindeer ears and said, "Mommy take our picture together!", and then they BOTH looked and smiled!!! at the same time!! that NEVER happens! ha!


anyway, it was the PERFECT photo to scrapbook with this kit! 
i used the stencil and some texture paste to create the background. and then i used lots of the papers to back my photo! loooove the pops of color, especially the red and white 'candy cane' stripes! so cute!


i mostly embellished with the chipboard pieces from the kit, which were AMAZING! and then i stamped the title inside that little speech bubble chipboard piece! love it! 
i also used chipboard pieces from the Hearts collection, which i colored with Black Soot Distress paint to make it black!

for the card that i made, i used that ADORABLE dancing reindeer, but made him look like he fell into the sleigh!! ha ha!! i watercolored the images with Distress Makers and attached it to a vellum banner! i also heat embossed that sentiment because, clearly he was NOT being nice! ha!


the background was created with some embossing paste that i mixed with gesso (to really make the white pop!) and added to that awesome Navy stripped paper! LOOOOVE that paper! 


so those were my projects! i really LOVED them both! i hope you were able to grab a kit! it's seriously awesome! 
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your layout and card! And the dancing reindeer in the sleigh - genius!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D