Monday, September 21, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #114 - One Layer

today is a brand new Lawnscaping Challenge! yay!! it's my favorite way to start a monday! it's the only acceptable way to start a monday, if you ask me!



however this time..it's the dreaded ONE LAYER challenge!! eeek!!! i have seen amazing one layer cards before, i know it can be done! and i love them when i see them...but for me...it's the hardest thing!! ack!! 
i persevered though, and made this fun, little Christmas card!! 


i used watercolor paper for my card base, and stamped and partially masked the sheep so i could stamp the lights on!
those sheeps...i tell you...they're the cutest things ever!! I just love the new Baaah Humbug set so much!

i used Distress Markers and just a kiss of water to watercolor! lol! 


i also created the sentiment by combining phrases from Baaah Humbug and Let's Bokeh! 

to finish the card, i just used a snowflake stencil and some embossing paste! :)

this week we're sponsored by lawn fawn! so get your card making on, and you could win a stamp set of your choice! :)


6 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love how the string of lights continue in the word "cheers". Clever!!! Great one layer card! (not easy, if you ask me!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge! Love the sheep and all the texture on this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is absolutely adorable!! Those little sheep are so cute and I love how you added the Christmas lights to the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baaah Humbug is my fav new set from Lawn Fawn! I love how you incorporated "Cheers" from bokeh as though it were connecting the strings of lights! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baaah Humbug is my fav new set from Lawn Fawn! I love how you incorporated "Cheers" from bokeh as though it were connecting the strings of lights! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D