Saturday, August 9, 2014

three (oh!) it's the magic number

my littlest mann turned 3 last saturday!
i honestly don't know how that happened!! he's still my little babe, time is going by WAY too fast!

the simon says stamp wednesday challenge is all about adding sparkle!! well, that might as well be anything goes, right?! it's hard to NOT at wink of stella to everything i do...and stickles recently too! so i'm entering this into the challenge this week! 

anyway, in honor of his birthday, i wanted to make him a very special card! 
i have ALWAYS loved the school house rock song about the number 3! wait, you don't know it?? well please go take a listen here, it's amazing! (like all school house rock songs! ha ha!)

ok, so my card, is totally in honor of that! for my big little 3 year old!


i used a few different lawn fawn sets here. bannerific and harold's abc's (my old favorite duo!) and then the 'magic' top hat from making frosty friends!

i used the lawn cuts puffy star stackables (which i covered with wink of stella, along with the top hat!) to add the mint colored stars to the number 3! oh but wait! the NUMBER 3 ITSELF! i used a cut file from the silhouette FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. 



...next time, i probably shouldn't have combined using my silhouette for the first time and making a 3-D card for the first time...there was lots frustration...and perhaps a crafty item or two were flung across my room. i can neither confirm, nor deny that! lol!

but in the end, i really like how it turned out, it's fun and happy and all about 3! 
thanks for checking it out! 
enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this!
    3 is such a fun age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! We're almost done with three here. Love those paste stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation Samantha ! I love the whole design of this ! It might have caused a few problems in making this, but the results are worth all the effort, I am sure this looks gorgeous on a shelf in his room :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D