Monday, July 22, 2013

bright and cheery thanks

it's only monday, but somehow it feels like it should be later in the week! is it just me? hmm. ha ha!

anyway, today i created a fun and simple idea for a card! and it just so happens, i did so with two challneges in mind! 
i used the totally fabulous inspiration photo from the CASE study challenge and then i used some sweet stamp shop stamps and part of my olders stash so i could also play along with the 'use what you have challenge' at the sweet stamp shop blog! 


here's a picture of what i like to call me 'letter stash!' it's a drawer of all my alpha stickers and alpha rub-on and really, anything alpha-related! :)
(i chose some totally fab and sunny cosmo cricket tiny type stickers!)


here's my card:

i stamped and fussy cut out allllllll those  little chevron arrows! ha ha! they are from the super sweet stamp set 'kiss me'. the speech bubble is from the 'geek chic' stamp set. i fussy cut it out and then popped it up for dimension.


finally i added the sentiment (que the tiny type) and some coordinating enamel dots! i think the dots really took the card to the next level! lol!
so yeah, this card has a lot going on, relatively speaking, but it's not that hard to replicate (if you don't mind fussy cutting!).
enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Here I thought I had a lot of alphas! ;o) Wow, what a stash!
    I'm LOVING your card, Sam!! Love your take on the two challenges, the colours, the fussy cutting, the enamel dots -- everything! What a fun, fun card!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, love all the fussy cutting and appreciate the time it took! Yes, enamel dots kick it up! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Great fussy cutting! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D